MECA is an active community partner, providing information for best practices in erosion control. MECA actively looks for local groups and communities to partner with on educational programs. Just contact the MECA office if you would like to partner with us for your local educational or community event!
Please let us know what workshops you would like to see MECA provide – we will always try to provide workshops that you need, and truly appreciate your input!
MAY 21, 2013 – Erosion and Sediment Control Field Seminar
Elk River Minnesota – Two Sessions – 8:00 AM to 10:00 AM or 10:30 AM to 12:30 PM
An Opportunity to Learn About the Latest Practices and Products!
Don’t miss your chance to see the latest erosion and sediment control products & demonstrations, and see practices installed on a site. Have your questions answered by experts!
Click here for more information & registration: Attendee Registration Form
Click here if you are a vendor that would like to exhibit at this event: Vendor Registration Form
Upcoming Workshops – Watch for more information as it becomes available!
- Shoreline Restoration Tour – Tentative date is August 6, 2013
- Agricultural Erosion Control
- Shoreland Workshop
- Below Ground Stormwater Storage
- Managing Risk During Construction
- Developing and Enforcing the 6 MCMs
- Erosion Control Field Seminar (Crow Wing County)
- Stormwater U Series. Click here for upcoming events: Stormwater U Series
- Turfgrass Maintenance with Reduced Environmental Impacts. Workshops on turfgrass for private companies and municipal staff. Click here for schedule: Turfgrass Maintenance
- Winter Maintenance with Reduced Environmental Impacts. Workshops for parking lot and sidewalk or road maintenance. Click here for workshop schedules: Winter Maintenance
- International Low Impact Development Symposium, August 18-21, 2013. Event is in St. Paul Minnesota. For more information click here: Symposium Information
- University of Minnesota Erosion & Sediment Control Certification Program. This program offers comprehensive training for inspectors, project managers, contractors and designers who work on NPDES projects. Click here for more information: Certification Program
Continuing Education Credits
MECA does not issue Continuing Education Units (CEU’s) directly, but does provide Professional Development Hours (PDH’s) that may be used to help meet continuing education requirements.
The Minnesota Board of Architecture, Engineering, Land Surveying, Landscape Architecture, Geoscience and Interior Design (Board) does not pre-approve courses and activities. It is up to each licensee or certificate holder to become familar with the statutory requirements (MN Statue 326.107) and to determine for themselves whether or not a particular course or activity meets those requirements. Final discretion is up to the board.